Na Citrate plasma - Lt Blue top Time sensitive processing
Coag Transport Tube
Prepare platelet poor plasma (PPP) and freeze at -70 (minimum -20) °C
APC - R
University of MN Physicians Outreach/UMP (APCR) ; R-NX
Days Set Up:
1 - 2 times/wk
Ages >1 yr:
APC Ratio: >2.12 Age specific reference ranges have not been established for patients 0-1 years old.
Collection/ Processing Details:
Make sure that the Na Citrate tube is filled as far as the vaccuum allows. Follow the instructions below to prepare platelet poor plasma (PPP)
To prepare platelet poor plasma (PPP):
1. Centrifuge specimen for 30 minutes using a centrifuge calibrated to ensure platelet poor plasma.
2. Remove clear, lipid-free plasma and transfer into a Coag Transport Tube labeled with two patient identifiers and a PPP label.
3. Freeze immediately on dry ice or at a minimum of -20 °C.
Frozen specimen must arrive at U of MN within 48 hours of collection.
Unspun samples sent direct to the University of MN must be shipped at room temperature within 4 hours of the collection time.
- Test can be performed on patients on Coumadin and/or heparin.
- Test cannot be performed on patients on Argatroban or like products.
Coagulation - PTT with and without addition of Activated Protein C