Credentialing and provider enrollment requirements
Thank you for your interest in Allina Health. Below is an overview of the credentialing, provider enrollment and onboarding process at Allina Health prior to being able to provide care and services to patients.
Clinical credentialing and privileging
Effective Sept. 22, 2014, the Allina Health Credentials Verification Organization (CVO) implemented an electronic process for completing credentialing and privilege requests. This new process replaces credentialing and privileging processes at the Allina Health hospital Medical Staff Offices (MSOs).
Providers will be notified of their reappointments via the email address on file with the CVO, and will no longer receive a paper packet in the mail.
To submit an application or reappointment, log into the Practitioner Home Page (PHP) with the email address and password you received from the CVO.
As part of the application process, you will be attesting to have read the following materials:
- Medical staff bylaws - Contact the local Allina Health hospital(s) you are applying to for bylaws.
- Medical staff conduct policy: Identifying, reporting and responding to concerns
- HIPAA privacy and security documentation standards policy
- Minnesota Department of Human Services: Background study privacy notice
If you have any questions or would like to change your email address on file, contact the CVO at 612-262-2233 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Benefits to you
- Health care practitioners submit only one credentialing application and privilege form when applying to one or multiple Allina Health contracted entities at initial appointment or reappointment.
- Eliminates duplication of credentialing application and verification processes.
- Standardizes the credentialing process and privilege forms throughout Allina Health.
- Efficiently stores and manages practitioner credentialing information for all contracted entities in one centralized department and database.
To request name changes or to request medical/professional staff resignation, please complete the Provider Status Form.
This process generally applies to practitioners who will be employees of Allina Health.
By completing this process, it ensures the practitioner is enrolled with Medicare, Medicaid and applicable third-party payers to that Allina Health can bill and be reimbursed for care, treatment or services provided at an Allina Health facility.
Please note that the rules and systems used to complete provider enrollment varies across health plans.
If applicable, you would receive from the Allina Health Provider Enrollment Team information that would begin the process that sets you up as a billing provider with Medicare, Medicaid and third-party payers.
Requirements for clinical credentialing, privileging and provider enrollment processes are driven by The Joint Commission (TJC), the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA), Medical Staff Bylaws and, Allina Health policies and procedures.
In all cases, the length of time required to complete the credentialing processes are influenced by how timely Allina Health receives completed information and its verification.
In the event you would be an employee of Allina Health we make every effort to use the information collected during your hiring process. However, we may ask for updated or additional information.
Again, thank you for considering Allina Health. We look forward to having you join our efforts to transform health care and achieve best quality outcomes for our patients.
Credentials Verification Organization (CVO)
Office hours: Monday to Friday, 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Mailing address: Credentials Verification Organization
P.O. Box 43
Minneapolis, MN 55407-0043
Located at: 2925 Chicago Avenue, Minneapolis, MN 55407