Allina Health offers a variety of residency opportunities for chaplains, pharmacists and physicians to help provide hands-on experience develop professional expertise, gain hands-on-learning outside of the classroom environment and build professional networks and relationships.
- Chaplain residency: This program offers advanced, specialized training in clinical pastoral care at Abbott Northwestern and United hospitals. Clinical assignments provide in-depth exposure to many specialty areas.
- Internal medicine residency: The three-year residency program at Abbott Northwestern Hospital offers inpatient and outpatient experience with a robust curriculum, training, rotations and more at one of the largest hospital and medical complex in the Twin Cities.
- Family medicine residency: The United Family Medicine program is an American Council of Graduate Medical Education accredited program of medical education and training in family medicine. Residents work alongside colleagues at United Hospital, Children's Hospital-St. Paul, and the United Family Medicine Clinic.
- Podiatry residency: Podiatric medical and surgical residencies to lead to certification in forefoot, rearfoot, ankle and constructive surgery. The 36-month residency takes place at Mercy and Unity hospitals in Coon Rapids and Fridley, Minnesota.
- Pharmacy residency: Programs at these Allina Health locations prepare residents to practice as pharmacists in health system pharmacy settings in a variety of roles.
Clinical Pastoral Education Center
The Allina Health Clinical Pastoral Education Center is a premiere ACPE-accredited training site. It offers all levels of clinical pastoral education in challenging and supportive environments.