Being a leader at Allina Health
Strong leadership is essential to providing exceptional patient care. The key to our work is increasing quality, improving the patient experience and lowering the cost of care.
As the largest health care system in the area, Allina Health provides health care for about one third of the population living in Minnesota and western Wisconsin. Our goal is to help leaders succeed by providing the support, resources and opportunities needed to excel in a leadership position and as an individual.
Allina Health is committed to care improvement and primary care teams.
- Allina Health has one of the most comprehensive, integrated electronic health record (EHR) systems in the nation.
- The Allina Integrated Medical Network is a network of employed and affiliated specialty providers.
We embrace new models of care, such as the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) Pioneer Accountable Care Organization (ACO) program. Our leadership role in this national Pioneer program is helping to shape and lead health care delivery into the future.
- Supervisors are first-line management with responsibility for direct supervision of multiple employees including accountability for hiring, performance management and terminations.
- Managers head a department, major function or recognized program. Budgetary accountability for managing to the established budget.
- Directors are responsible for major or multiple departments with in a business unit or corporate staff functions that have substantial company-wide impact.
- Vice president (VP) / President is accountable for a system-wide single function, top internal technical expert, or a large business unit functional or key operational area such as Finance Patient Care Services.
- Senior vice president (SVP) / President leads broad corporate-wide functional area or multiple functions. Has direct accountability for all system-wide staff within the function(s).
- Executive vice president (EVP) / Chief is the head of a major corporate area and is a member of the Executive Leadership Team. Responsible for Allina Health-wide strategic planning, business management and financial results. Normally reports to the chief executive officer (CEO).
Salaries vary by accountability level or scope of the position.
- Varies by job function and department.